Hi`ialakai Plan of the Day
PLAN OF THE DAY
NOAA SHIP HI'IALAKAI (R334)
Date: Sept 14, 2004 (Tuesday)
Transiting to French Frigate Shoals.
Now that we're underway, the Command wishes to
emphasize a few key points:
* Please keep your voices down while in berthing
passageways. Watchstanding personnel are sleeping.
* Please don't slam doors behind you.
* There is no smoking on the Grated Deck (near the dive
lockers) while personnel are suiting up in dive gear.
It's the polite thing to do.
* The Chief Steward will thank you for keeping his mess
area clean. Simple things like wiping up spills,
pushing in chairs, throwing away trash, no wearing
covers (hats) in the mess, and no wet clothing. Keep
the Chief happy and we'll all eat REALLY well. :)
* Ship's store will be open for business tomorrow.
Soda, candy, gum, popcorn. Take a look and see
0900 - Scientific personnel meet with Jim Bostick on 02
deck to conduct unconscious diver drills. Drill will
involve removing an injured diver (strapped to a
backboard) from the 8M and 10M boats and placing into
the dive chamber for treatment.
Movies for this evening: (Both will start at 1730 and
again at 2000.)
- Dodgeball: True Underdog Story
- Billy Madison
CDR Scott E. Kuester,